Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Project of 2009




On a more cheerful note . . .



This was a special request. Are you familiar with the “Desiderata”? It begins “Go placidly . . .” and ends with “Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.” I believe it was written sometime in the 1920s. I found a couple of cross stitch graphs but chose to stitch this one designed by Lauren Fraser Turner of Lifetime Samplers in Great Britain. I especially liked her borders which reminded me of the illuminated manuscripts from the Middle Ages which sparkle with glistening golds & silvers.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stitching this for me mommy!!! I LOVE it!! It's in a gold frame in my kitchen and it always reminds me of you!!! You must be the most talented person that I know!!! I love looking at all of your beautiful work! Melissa

    ReplyDelete