Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ornaments


Snowflake Ornament

I gave this snowflake ornament to my mother last year. She especially liked the shine of the beads and the metallics.


Small Octagon Snowflake by xstitchhappy
32 ct white linen (over 2)
DMC rayon, cotton, metallic floss
Beads

Since she liked it so much I decided to stitch a companion piece and she LOVED it! (Yes, I gave it to her a couple of weeks ago.)





Let It Snow by Olenka’s Stitches Designs
14ct light blue Aida
DMC cotton and metallic floss
Beads



I prefer working on linen but since I needed to get this stitched and delivered in a hurry, I had to work with fabric that I had. In this case, it was Aida 14 – the only blue fabric in my stash. I’m not crazy about Aida and I had to adapt stitches for this fabric. I also added beads & metallics (Mom loves glitz). HMMM – is that where I get that from?? Anyhow, I stitched seed beads across the top, dangled seed bead ‘icicles’ across the bottom, and knotted larger beads randomly in the fringe. I was going for an ‘icy’ look. Metallic snowflakes are scattered in the background.



I finished this as a hanging ornament. You can find this and other beautiful designs on Olenka’s blog. There you will see her beautiful “Let It Snow” stitched on linen and completed as a pinkeep.

And for my knitting friend . . .



2007 Santa by Prairie Schooler
14ct natural Aida
DMC cotton floss

I'll be away for awhile - back after the holidays.
Hope yours are WONDERFUL, meRrY and BriGHt!!


6 comments:

  1. lovely all
    esp the finish on PS and the added bling on let it snow
    happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful, Christmas stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finishes. The beaded snowflake ornament is so pretty. Great finishing job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ornaments. I can't decide which I like more. Thanks for sharing.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I especially love the octagon snowflake ornament - the beads on the corners and the beaded fringe on the bottom really make it stand out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornament looks great, do you have a step by step on how to make it? My e-mail is heyddy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete